@P:HC We think that part of a happy life, is being active.
By connecting the best recreation programs to the public, we make it easier to enjoy the outdoors, learn new skills and uncover new passions. P: HC helps empower under-appreciated recreational organisations and makes it easy to embrace something you think is interesting, and hopefully, it’ll set you on a path to deeper appreciation and eventual mastery.
In the shifting economy, developing employment and a focus on human skills can help bridge the social transition. At P: HC, we think that recreation shouldn’t be a luxury but a part of personal development and an enriching life. By connecting, coordinating and educating, we think that a healthier life is within reach for everyone.
Some Ideas We're Thinking About:
Project: Play = Community + Passion + Opportunity
Why is This Important?
Scroll Down to Learn the Quick Facts!
- Organized sports increase children’s likelihood to develop healthy habits; even before adulthood. Teens who take part in sports are less likely to smoke, do drugs or abuse alcohol
- Learning the structure of sports can help children develop self-discipline, and an understanding of the requirements helps in successful habit formation that translates into other areas of life; sports often help children learn that working hard helps them to achieve a goal.
- Team sports can teach children the value of teamwork and rely on others’ skills to achieve a shared goal/ outcome. This can develop into understanding and an appreciation of different strengths and weaknesses in a team setting later on in life.
- In an era of excessive focus on appearance, sports also provide an outlet for children, especially girls, to focus not on what their bodies look like but on what they can do. This has the knock-on benefit of improved body image.
- Connecting communities to their neighbourhood public spaces can help keep the programmed spaces in-line with the needs of the community and demographic recreational demands, thus increasing user ship for the space and quality of life for residents.